If you are looking for heaps of downhill laps outside of Queenstown? Cardrona ski field has turned on their lifts and dug deep to build amazing alpine trails for the summer season.
Cardrona is New Zealand’s highest mountain bike park which offers an overall experience for everyone.
Whats on offer:
- 600 meters of vertical, unlimited lift accessed, 20+ tracks to choose from
- 25kms of trails for all levels
- FREE learner zone to warm up and practice before jumping on the chair lift.
- Bike Park school if you want to fine tune your skills
- Mountain cart madness if you wanted to get off the bike and jump on 3 wheels for a couple hours!
- Cafe, restaurant and public facilities to get snacks, food or drinks throughout your day.
- The most epic 1270m descent for your Peak to Pub run.
DON’T MISS PEAK TO PUB:
The Cardrona Peak to Pub is an epic back country free riding mission at the end of your day. The 1270m descent is 10km in length from the bike park, through private land and ending at New Zealands 2nd oldest pub – The Cardrona Hotel, 155 years young! Next is time for a deserving beer, and your QBT driver and van will be ready to go when you are!
What to bring:
- Comfy shoes, warm clothes and wet weather gear (mountain forecasts can change all the time)
- A bike if you have one – if not, they’ve got a great rental shop
- Water, snacks and nibbles – A cafe and restaurant is opened daily, but we recommend bringing an extra snack for energy on the trails.