This region has an abundance of wineries, each very unique from its neighbour. Some say we’re the best Pinot Noir makers in the world!
The Gibbston Valley wine region is abundant in vineyards, cellar doors and spectacular river side scenery. It is breathtakingly beautiful and post card perfect around every corner. QBT has put together an amazing self guided bike trip to allow you to ride at your own pace and enjoy the trails, tastings and food on your own time. You’ll be riding high above the Kawarau River through the vineyards, through farm paddocks and over suspension bridges. Wine tastings, cave tour and mouthwatering lunch, we’ve got you covered. Take your time to meander along the bike trail stopping as you choose with plenty of time to sample the many cellar doors and delights that the best Central Otago wine region has to offer.
What to bring
- Comfy exercise clothes,
- Your water bottle (bikes are equip with bottle cages),
- Your phone to take pictures!
- Money for wine!
- Bike, helmet & lock
- Wine trail map
- Cave tour at Gibbston Valley Winery
- Wood fire pizza of your choice at the Gibbston Tavern
- 12 wine tastings at 2 cellar doors (Gibbston Valley Winery + Rockburn Cellar Door @ the Tavern)
- 2 x transfers to and from wine region