Cycle high above the Kawarau River through the Gibbston vineyards over suspension bridges, enjoying wine tastings, a cave tour and a mouthwatering lunch. Take your time to meander along the bike trail stopping as you choose to sample the many cellar doors and delights that the best Central Otago wine region has to offer.
Queenstown’s wine region is abundant in vineyards, cellar doors and spectacular river side scenery. It is breathtakingly beautiful and postcard perfect around every corner. Queenstown Bike Taxis offers an amazing self guided bike trip to allow you to ride at your own pace and enjoy the trails, tastings and food on your own time. You’ll be riding through breathtaking scenery, across farm paddocks and over suspension bridges. Stop at the many Gibbston Valley Cellar doors for tastings, tour the cave at Gibbston Valley Winery and enjoy lunch at Gibbston Tavern. A self guided wine tour at your own pace.
- Bike, helmet & lock
- Wine trail map
- Cave tour at Gibbston Valley Winery
- Wood fire pizza of your choice at the Gibbston Tavern plus a beer
- 12 wine tastings at 2 cellar doors (Gibbston Valley Winery + Rockburn Cellar Door @ the Tavern)
- 2 x transfers to and from wine region
What to bring
- Comfy exercise clothes,
- Your water bottle (bikes are equip with bottle cages),
- Your phone to take pictures!
- Money for wine!